I have always been a car enthusiast and it has been a longtime dream of mine to build a unique and fun car. This blog is initially geared towards sharing my experience and documenting the build process of the kit car I have decided to build. I eventually envision this site being a resource for others to also share their track car and kit car builds.
So here’s my story:
After months of research I pulled the trigger on a Bauer Limited Production kit car (known as a Bauer Catfish). Below are just a few reasons I chose this route over other available kit car options:
1) I wanted something I could reasonably build in my own garage with a couple friends without having to weld.
2) I wanted something somewhat affordable to build (affordable in the context of the automotive racing world at least).
3) I didn’t want it to be so expensive to maintain that I would be discouraged from tracking it and running it hard.
4) I wanted something that was built for the track but also street legal.
5) I wanted something with 2 seats so I could enjoy it with others.
6) I wanted something unique and custom that could not be easily identified.
7) I loved that it was designed and built here locally in San Diego so I can support the local economy.
8) I wanted to be part of a new and exciting kit car.
9) I wanted something that was easy to work on.
10) I wanted something with amazing performance both in terms of handling and acceleration (shooting for 300hp and 1,700lbs).